~It was a dark, chilly autumn night. I was bored. And cold. And I couldn't stand the sight of fruit flies buzzing around the ripening bananas. That's what really did it. Please to enjoy :-)
9x5x3 loaf pan
large mixing bowl
1/3 cup peanut butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted sweet butter- softened
2 large eggs
4 large ripe bananas
1 tbsp whipping cream
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Cut 2 lengths of parchment paper; one to go across and the other down. Make sure to cut it long enough, so the paper drapes over side of pan.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas thoroughly. Mix in the cream and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a spoon or fork, gently but thoroughly mix together.
- Using electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add half of the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients into batter, mixing just until flour disappears.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat peanut butter for 15 seconds until softened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Pour half portion of the peanut butter evenly on top of batter. Use the back end of a spoon to smooth it over as evenly as possible.
- Pour remaining batter to layer on top of peanut butter.
- Pour over remaining portion of banana mixture on top of batter. Pour remaining peanut butter on top of banana. Use a knife or spoon to lightly swirl peanut butter and banana mixture into batter. As it bakes, the banana chunks will slowly sink into the batter and it will yield a banana bread with small chunks of bananas.
- Bake for 50min – 65min. At the 50min mark, insert a toothpick in the center. If it does not come out clean, let it bake and check back in 5min. When it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Set aside to cool for 15-20min.
- Using parchment paper, lift bread out. Set aside to cool completely before serving.