Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ankimo Shoyu Salad

~The first taste of monkfish liver and I was in love. The rich, unctuous texture with a delicate aroma of the sea. The Japanese restaurants which serve it are far and few, so if I see it on the menu, I will always order it. Recently, I discovered that my local Japanese market started carrying it. It comes in a neat little package in the frozen section. Have I mentioned how much I love living in Seattle? It was on sale this week so of course I HAD to get it. The recipe below makes 2 appetizer portions. Of course if you’re a little greedy like me, you can just make one good sized salad for dinner.






















Ingredients:
3 ½ tsp light soy sauce
1 lime
1 tsp granulated sugar
½ tsp sesame oil
3oz mixed greens

Instructions:
  1. Juice lime into small bowl. Add sugar and mix until dissolved. Mix in soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
  2. Remove liver carefully from packaging. Carefully slice into even pieces. Set aside.
  3. Place one large handful of salad into a medium bowl. Add half portion of the dressing and toss lightly by hand.
  4. Place salad onto serving plate.
  5. There will be remaining dressing at the bottom of the bowl. Take a half portion of slices of liver and place into bowl. Dip both sides of liver in the dressing before placing on top of salad.
  6. Add remainder of dressing to bowl and repeat for second portion.
  7. Serve immediately.


1 comment:

  1. bah i can't find monkfish liver anywhere near our house

    ReplyDelete