Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cheesecake Factory’s House Balsamic Vinaigrette

~One of my favorite salad dressings come from The Cheesecake Factory. It's delicious with blanched green beans, grilled asparagus, and of course their Fire Roasted Artichoke dish. Several years ago, the good folks at Daily Bulletin came very close to cracking the recipe. After a taste test comparison, I believe my tweaks brought it a bit closer.
















Ingredients:
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 large shallot- quartered
2 cloves garlic
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper


Directions:
Process until well blended. Keeps well in refrigerator for approximately 2 weeks. Makes approximately 3/4 cup.


7 comments:

  1. yours is the best. i added some fresh cilantro to further these flavors...but you have the actual recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked at the CCF for about 3.5 years, but never was a prep cook. I worked on the kitchen line and ordered product, so I tried this. It's not a bad copy, but not nearly as sweet as the original. Double the sugar and you almost have it nailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the opposite from J West. I made this recipe the same day as coming home from Cheesecake Factory & thought this recipe was way more sweet than the cheesecake factory dressing. I then tried only using half the sugar and it tasted way better and authentic to me. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! The nutritional information on the real dressing is only 1 gram per 2 table spoons so it does t have added much sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to add a little soy sauce and a couple TBS of red wine vinegar and cut the sugar down to half.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY awesome Balsamic Vinegrette
    1 Cup EVOO
    1/3 Cup balsamic vinegar
    1 tsp heaping Dijon mustard
    Juice a small lemon
    Fresh garlic volume = 4+ chick peas*
    4+ chunks fresh or frozen pineapple**
    *to taste
    **add more to sweeten more

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you mean “fresh garlic volume =4+cuckoo peas”. I’m curious to make it right!!

    ReplyDelete