Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ginger Scallion Soy Sauce

~I am re-posting this recipe for easy searching.  This sauce is extremely versatile. It is normally served with steamed prawns, Chinese poached chicken, or sometimes even pot stickers.  I tweak with it a little, adding this and that depending on what I’m cooking, but this is the basic recipe. I do not care for white pepper and usually do omit it from my own version. My mother insists it is an essential ingredient.











Ingredients:
1 scallion- shredded thinly
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
fresh ground pepper
white pepper (optional)

Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, a few cracks of fresh ground pepper, a pinch of white pepper, ginger, and scallions. Place bowl in an empty sink as this will ensure less splattering.
  2. Warm pan on medium high heat. Add vegetable oil. Wait approximately 2-3 min for oil to heat. Once it reaches a smoking point, quickly take it off heat and pour about half of the oil over sauce, then stand back.
  3. Serve immediately with your choice of protein or dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment