Friday, February 10, 2012

Sweet Pineapple Coleslaw


~Maybe I just never grew out of those childhood days of elementary school lunches, but this has been the only way I’ve liked my coleslaw. In any case, both my family and my in-laws seem to prefer coleslaw on the sweeter end as well.












Ingredients:
1 bag shredded cabbage coleslaw mix
½ cup shredded carrots
8 oz can pineapple tidbits (reserve juice)
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sugar
½ tbsp fresh ground pepper
pinch of salt


Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, ½ cup of pineapple juice, pepper, and salt. Whisk thoroughly until smooth. Taste and adjust as necessary.
  2. Add pineapple. Add cabbage in little at a time and fold into dressing.
  3. Add a few more cracks of fresh ground pepper before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment