1lb yukons- peeled and quartered
4 slices thick cut hickory smoked bacon- sliced
4 cloves garlic- smashed
½ tsp sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
- Place skillet in oven and preheat at 400 degrees.
- Set a medium pot of water to boil. Add about a tsp of kosher salt into the water.
- Once water comes to a boil, add potatoes. Loosely cover and boil for about 5min. Drain in colander and set aside.
- Once oven is preheated, add bacon into skillet. Close oven door and let cook until translucent, for about 3-5min.
- Carefully pour out bacon grease into a small bowl. Set aside the bacon in a separate bowl.
- Place potatoes into skillet and toss with sugar, 1 tsp salt, fresh ground pepper, and 2 tbsp of bacon grease. Toss thoroughly. Tuck in smashed garlic in various parts of skillet in between pieces of potato. Spread bacon evenly throughout skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and roast for about 15min. Remove and flip over pieces of potato so that you get it crispy on both sides. Place back into oven and roast for another 10min or until golden.
- Taste and add more seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.