Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tobiko Mayonnaise Baked Salmon

~I am indebted to my No. 3 sister-in-law for getting my boy to eat salmon again. Like all her recipes, it takes a minimum amount of preparation and is just super yummy. It sounds a bit odd, but the mayonnaise actually provides a tangy counterpoint to the salmon, as well as helping to keep the fish moist. My kids also get a kick out of the tiny little orange tobiko studded on top of the salmon. If you choose to omit the tobiko, you will need to season the salmon with a bit more salt. 

*photo credit goes to Ms. T, who not only helps run my unofficial test kitchen, but has an awesome blog devoted to make-up and good eats. Don't know how I managed to do without her for so long. 
















Ingredients:
1.5lb Atlantic salmon fillet
1 scallion- finely minced
2 garlic cloves- finely minced
2 tbsp mayonnaise
fine sea salt
fresh ground pepper

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, scallions, and tobiko. Mix thoroughly.
  3. Lay salmon filet on top of foil or nonstick baking sheet. Season lightly very with salt, adding a smidge more on the thicker part of the filet. Season lightly with a few cracks of fresh ground pepper.
  4. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on top of salmon, with a slightly denser layer on thicker part of fillet.
  5. Place salmon in center part of oven and bake for 10-12min. Cool for 1min and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!! I just noticed that's a photo I took!! Yaaaay!!!!!

    Oh shucks thanks for the shout out gc. I always want to scream at you "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!" Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and me commenting on this today means i looked it up to make dinner! Lol

    ReplyDelete