*Photo credit goes to Stacey for getting such an amazing shot of the roast pork.
**Please note that the recipe is mild and not spicy. If you prefer a spicier version, go ahead and throw in half or a whole jalapeno, seeds and all into the blender.
10 tomatillos- husked and rinsed
4 jalapenos- seeded and stemmed
4 garlic cloves
¼ cup fresh cilantro
2 small onions- quartered
fresh lime juice from 2 limes
Fresh ground pepper
- Set oven on broil. Place tomatillos and jalapenos on baking sheet. Place about 6”-8” under broiler for about 5min, or until tomatillos begin to blacken and soften.
- Turn tomatillos and jalapenos to roast other side. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Remove the blackened skin from tomatillos.
- Place onions, cilantro, lime juice, a pinch of salt, a few twists of fresh ground pepper, and all contents of pan including roasting liquid, into a blender. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Will keep in the fridge for about weeks.